Thursday, July 2, 2020

Knot Bag........

I wanted to make a bag that is sometimes called a Knot Bag.

I had this half yard of batik cotton in my stash that is kinda summery. I also found a piece of polyester broadcloth that was a perfect match for a lining.



The pattern I used is called "Grab Bag" and was designed by Bonnie Kozowski. I found it at AllPeopleQuilt.com.

It was super easy and super quick to make. 

The designer suggests quilt batting or craft fleece to give thinner fabrics a bit of body. I lined mine with a type of craft fleece but it seems a bit rigid. I think it will probably soften as the bag is used. 

A small bag that goes over the wrist to carry hand sanitizer, mask, sunglasses, baby wipes and kiddie snacks when I go to the park.


Today is a very warm day and we don't have air conditioning. However, we are on the 5th floor and if we open the balcony doors at both ends of the apartment we get a lovely cool breeze off Lake Ontario.

Sometimes it's a bit too windy. My pattern piece blew off my sewing table and my son had to chase it before it went out the other door....ooops :)

Take care and keep safe :)

14 comments:

  1. I love that bag. I think it's originally a Hawaiian design, probably Japanese influence? Anyway it's lovely. Now I feel like making one. I have to look up the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I thought I had saved another version of this type but I couldn't find the pattern.

      Delete
  2. I love your bag and the colors you used! I made one of those a few years ago and probably still have the pattern rolling about someplace.......in my orderly disorder....lol.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) That piece was a remnant for .50 cents. I'm glad I found a use for it.

      Delete
  3. My daughter has one of these bags made for her by a friend. I wonder if they are as easy to make as they look. I might try to make one as I have a stash of fabric waiting to be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am not very good at following directions to be honest. The directions for finishing the handles didn't click so I did my own thing.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mary Ann I love your new bag the fabric is so pretty ,well done on your beautiful finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new bag is great - perfect for the use you have in mind. it's funny how my need for having so much 'stuff' in my purse has changed since the virus. For the longest time I would go to the store with just my debit card in my pocket and nothing else. Now I carry a small cross-body bag with just my debit card because I'm not wearing clothing with pockets. It's so much easier and at this point I doubt I will go back to a larger purse. Wish our apartment opened on both sides so we could get a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I used to have a small cross body purse and I think I'll see if I still have it. It was sort of a wallet thing. Much easier to shop with hands free.

      We are so lucky to have a south facing apartment so we can get the breeze off the lake. We are in an area with lots of trees so it's even cool at street level most days.

      Delete
  6. Pretty bag and useful too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Very light to carry and has come in handy.

      Delete
  7. Hi Mary Ann,
    I love your new bag! Such pretty fabric. I’ve been meaning to make one, even found a pattern but somehow still not done!
    I’ll be off to look at your links and hopefully make one myself! I have loads of bags but there is still room for another!
    Your apartment sounds ideal with the doors at either end!
    Keep safe and stay well my friend!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You can never have too many bags and this one is very small and light.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/