Thursday, July 16, 2020

Not the Hockey Team................

I'm working on a new cross stitch pattern by Pamela Kellogg that I saw on her blog Kitty and Me Designs called Crazy Maple Leaves.

I love crazy quilting and I am Canadian and the maple leaf is on our flag so I thought hey that's for me.

I've done a lot of needlepoint over the years but not a lot of cross stitch. OMG! I made so many mistakes in this one little piece that it is ridiculous but it was good practice. 


There are a lot a  thread changes and I got so confused.

I made a temporary needle base for the next one I do. I took a bit of cardboard and punched holes in it with a paper punch. Then I put the colour number and threaded a needle for each one.

Much better :)


There are four different leaves and I thought that together they would make a nice wall hanging. Not sure yet how I'll do it.

Take care and keep safe :)


11 comments:

  1. Once you get used to x-stitching, you will learn shortcuts and easier ways to do this without having to keep needles threaded.

    I think the worst (hardest) x-stitch projects were by an artist, P. Buckley Moss. You would use one thread of one color and another with it that was VERY close in color. It was so crazy--made my eyeballs ache. BUT...they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so because I was going cross eyed :) There even may have been a wee bit of swearing at one point. I'll look up P. Buckley Moss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw one I really liked...two quilters...but I see what you mean.

      Delete
  3. Swearing? Really?? tsk tsk. Never mind, I've been known to utter a few unladylike words on occasion, mostly directed at the manufacturers of sewing machine needles that insist on making the holes impossible to hit with the thread. Of course I'm laying the blame on them - not on the fact that my cataracts are getting worse! Your leaf looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) One thing that has come out of this cross stitch encounter is the fact that I really need new glasses. Those itty bitty holes. Don't even mention threading needles.

      I actually have a sewing machine with a thing that threads the needle but I never use it because I can't be bothered to trying to figure out how it works.

      Delete
    2. My sewing machine supposedly threads the needle if you have it set right and you're holding your tongue in the right position and if the moon is aligned properly with a certain star....

      Delete
  4. I love cross stitch and I think I am good (mostly) at it and even finish what I started (mostly) but I do wear a magnifier over my glasses, have a strong light, always sit in the same chair etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are good at it:) I have an OTT light I use for hand sewing. I do have a magnifier but I didn't think about using it for cross stitch. Good idea.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm trying to find it a relaxing experience but I think that will come with practice.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/