Thursday, March 19, 2020

Self-isolate, self-quarantine, social-distance........

Amazing how these buzz phrases take hold.   

My husband and I did go grocery shopping yesterday. I'm a senior citizen and I should be staying at home but you do need to eat. I was surprised at how many people were out. There were a lot of empty shelves though. No toilet paper of course. One good thing is that grocery and drug stores here have just started special shopping times for seniors.

To keep occupied I've been sorting my craft stuff and I did make a new dress for my granddaughter's American doll. She chose the fabric from my fat quarters. This pattern didn't have facings for the neck and arms which I wasn't too happy about. I didn't fancy trying to make a neat edge on such a tiny dress. I don't have the patience. I ended up lining the bodice.


The pattern is called "123 Mulberry Street Summer Twirl Dress".

I also made a pair of jeans. Not such a great success as the fabric was a bit heavy but they fit and look okay. I think a stretch denim might work better. They are supposed to be distressed (torn) at the knees and the pant hem but I ignored that :)

The pattern is called "Liberty Jane Jeans".

Take care :)

10 comments:

  1. wow, these are such cute clothes. I would also find lining the dress so much easier too. This little doll is acquiring a pretty big wardrobe!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There is a doll wardrobe to fill so I better get busy :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I would like to see the distressed look on the jeans though. That is all the rage, you know--much to our chagrin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I agree. I'm going to give them a wash and a bit of distress if I can ever get them back again.

      Delete
  3. My husband is younger than I am so he has been doing most of the shopping. I will go and stay in the car that way I am out of the house getting some vitamin D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband usually does the shopping alone because I tend to buy stuff that's not on his list.LOL But since we moved I'm going with him and I buy stuff that's not on his list :)

      Delete
  4. I pretty much self isolate anyway as a rule...lol But seriously, we just prefer to be home. We each have our hobbies and we garden, so it's not a stretch for us. Good job of the clothes, best dressed American Girl doll around. 😎👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Wonder if, as far as distressing the jeans goes, if you could just use a piece of sandpaper....or a wire brush. Stay safe, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) That was my plan but I don't have any at the moment.
      My granddaughter doesn't really care as long as she has some new clothes for her doll. She's been patiently waiting for some since Christmas.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/