Friday, March 27, 2020

Keeping busy........

Hello out there!!!!

I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy. I know some of us might be going a bit stir crazy. I've become addicted to online jigsaw puzzles. I read that they were good to ward off Alzheimer's. Even if they aren't they still keep me amused.

I also made a t-shirt for my granddaughter's American Girl doll from a free pattern I found online.

https://www.pixiefaire.com/…/p…/free-t-shirt-18-doll-clothes

It's made from a recycled 6th month size onesie. I deconstructed it and then cut the pattern out. It had a knit fabric binding on it's neck and leg edges so I reused that for the neck. This type of knit is very stretchy and tends to warp out of shape when you sew it. Very annoying. But I persevered as I had nothing else that suit the pattern.


I understand from my husband that there was a wee bit of swearing involved. Specially when my bobbin ran out as I was sewing some Velcro to the back closure.

Ah well.

Take care and keep safe :)

6 comments:

  1. Ugh. The dreaded "bobbin ran out!" I fully understand. The top is adorable though!

    We are holding tight. You'd be proud of me--I am finishing up all those quilts that I have. Making good use of my sequestering time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad to hear about the quilts. I have a few projects that I need to finish too.

      Delete
  2. there is usually a bobbin race going on when we sew, isn't there. Gosh it's been a long time since I sewed with a knit. Your shirt turned out great.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I should have checked my bobbin first but of course I never do. I hadn't sewn any cotton knit in eons. I forgot what a pain it is to sew.

      Delete
  3. Swearing? No!! I know all about playing thread chicken with a bobbin and I must admit that most of the time I lose. Sewing with knit fabric isn't on my list of fun things either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be awhile before I sew knit gain but I do have a request for leggings.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/