Friday, February 21, 2020

American Girl.....

My granddaughter was given an American Doll for Christmas. Of course, grandma has been requested to make stuff.....lots of stuff :)

The first make is a pair of "crocs" in pink. I bought the pattern on Etsy from Pixie Faire. I've bought patterns from them before and I'm always pleased with the results. Very professional quality designs.

So armed with pink foam from Michael's, a glue gun, Aleen's tacky glue, paper hole punch, eyelets, cardboard and a granddaughter breathing down my neck a pair was made.


I can see where I made a mistake but then nine year old doll owners don't care much about perfection. I'm not sure how long they will last but that's okay as I can make more.

Take care:)

10 comments:

  1. OMG....those are AMAZING!! So cute!! You are the best Grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my oh my. These are fabulous. Have just completed my first 14" Waldorfdoll and now need to dress her. I'm off to have a look at this seller. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really easy to make. I have bought other types of shoe patterns from them and they were very easy to make. How big are your doll's feet? Maybe you should look at the Wellie Wisher patterns as they are smaller.

      Delete
  3. Crocs out of foam - who knew!! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your post of FB. Thank you for posting on your blog too as I often miss a lot on FB. These are so cute and clever! I have a new great grand daughter due in March so I bet somewhere in about 5 years I'll be making a lot of doll clothes. I bet you'll be making more of these now that you've made the first pair.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for commenting on FB. They were pretty easy to make. Now I'm attempting a pair of jeans....stay tuned :)

      Delete
  5. My goodness! When I saw the photo I thought they must be shop made! Never knew you could but plastic and make them! Wow!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a request from the granddaughter to make another pair. Oh dear the swearing :)

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/