- Monday's child is fair of face
- Tuesday's child is full of grace,
- Wednesday's child is full of woe,
- Thursday's child has far to go,
- Friday's child is loving and giving,
- Saturday's child works hard for a living,
- But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
- Is bonny and blithe and good and gay
Go here.......Day Born....and find out what day you were born on:) I was born on a Friday.
I remember memorizing this poem in school in order to remember the days of the week. I did a bit of research and apparently it was first recorded in 1838 in A. E. Bray's Traditions of Devonshire (Volume II, pp.287-288).
I remember being rather disappointed that I wasn't a Monday child and I was certainly very happy I wasn't a Wednesday child! Talk about childhood trauma for some little tyke....the person who wrote this had a lot to answer for....sheesh.