Saturday, June 20, 2020

Not A Pincushion.......

I was looking for some green felt and came across a UFO that I had forgotten about. It was a pattern given to me as a prize on an online doll club that sadly no longer exists.  I recall that the competition I entered was about fairy tales. I made this doll.

The Princess and the Pea.....

So naturally the prize was about a fairy tale....the Frog Prince. This is a design by Cynthia Treen.

I got this far with him then.....

After I started working on it again I remembered that I had issues making the eyeballs. Why I had started with them after making the arms...who knows. They were still a pain to make.

The whole frog is completely sewn by hand with itty bitty stitches. The toes and fingers....arrgghhh.....LOL

Anyway....he is finished and awaiting his Princess.


Take care and stay safe :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Ann wow your princess is beautiful and boy what a wonderful job you have done of the frog,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle at your "Not a pincushion" title! What delicate work to hand sew all the pieces of the frog but now that he is done I can't help but say that he seems to have a very smug look on his face.....as though when that princess comes he just knows she is going to kiss him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you frog looks nicest!
    Love the princess! The bed looks really interesting!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The bed has a lot of pillows or "mattresses" to make it high just as in the fairy tale.

      Delete
  4. The princess is really lovely, what a sad face she has. The frog has turned out perfect too and must have been difficult to make, love his crown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you:) The frog was not easy to make. Very fiddly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also made that frog ages ago, with his umbrella. It's still one of my favourite felt creations. I don't recall the eyes being a challenge, but the fingers and toes, oh my word!
    Did you have a look at Cynthia Treen's website recently? She's made a few really enticing new patterns, and her blog is stuffed with tips for working with felt.
    Your frog turned out beautiful!
    http://www.blog.creativeme.co.za/2017/07/random-favourite-things.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much: ) I really love her little foxes. Your frog turned out cute and I like his umbrella too.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/