Thursday, May 7, 2020

Sounding like a neverending thinghybob......

However I have yet another free pattern for you. I like to post about them on my blog so that they are parked some where so I can find them in the future.

This one is very cute for a Star Wars fan of any age I guess but really for the junior set.

It is from Wild Olive and is a felt Millenium Falcon. 

...................................................

As you know, we moved into a two bedroom apartment from a house in February. It's been interesting trying to fit in all our stuff.

I thought you might like to see my current sewing area.

I posted pics of my old sewing room a few years ago. I had a front bedroom with a door that I could shut and leave the mess behind. Now it's a bit different. I have to be very very neat :)


My new space is a corner in the main bedroom which is a very large room. It looks a bit iffy I know but I have all my stuff and the light comes in from a huge south facing window. This is wonderful as before my sewing room faced the north and the light at certain times of year wasn't that great.


It looks sorta tidy right? I have been very good about putting everything away in it's place.

I still have bins under the table that I'm slowly going through and seeing what I can make with the fabric. I have already donated quite a bit to a local charity. It really is amazing how much you hoard when you have a house. Some of the fabric belonged to my mum who passed away in 2003!!!!!!

Like do I really need all this stuff? Why am I keeping it? Just in case I guess....LOL

I must admit that culling is a very satisfying exercise. 

Take care and keep safe :)


8 comments:

  1. Blogger stopped doing that email alert a while back, so I just check my blogs in case anyone's waiting to be seen. Then, after I read and publish, good okdd blogger promptly sends me an alert. To inform me of what I just did, I suppose.

    I did a Great Winnowing over the month of January, donated and gave and recycled masses of items. It's great, because you can find what you want to work with a lot faster when you're not plowing through materials. Similar reason to yours: future move from house to apartment. The virus has chucked a wrench into the plans for now, but the advantage of downsizing is still there.

    I love your dolls posing on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a way to fix the blogger email thingy. I just can't find the link at the moment.

      Moving has backfired for us a teeny tiny bit. We moved to get closer to family..ha...and that isn't happening and we can't put our house on the market as yet.

      Delete
  2. I never had a sewing room, sadly. But I have a big closet with all of my fabric and equipment that I can pull out when I am working. Like you, I am going through that closet now....sorting fabric, donating, pitching, and finishing all of those unfinished quilts. It is the ONE good thing about this sheltering in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much sewing and creating is going on because of this pandemic. I have some unfinished projects that I've unearthed to finish as well.

      Delete
  3. Admit I sold before moving into my apartment and now have a sewing alcove in the main bedroom and my stash in a large hall cupboard. Yours sewing looks very neat and tidy and love the dolls on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I hope it will eventually get less rather than more. The plastic boxes in the middle hold ribbons, laces and other trims. I had no idea I had so many til it was sorted. Six plastic organizer boxes of embroidery thread! I little multi drawer thingy just beads etc! I've never been so organized LOL

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your creative space - and especially your wall decor!

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/