Saturday, August 8, 2020

Strangers In The Park........

In these times of Covid many people are working from home and that includes my son and his wife. It's not easy when you have a 10 year old and a 16 month old in situ.

The 10 year old is pretty good at entertaining herself and she has a best friend to play with that lives next door.  The 16 month old is a whole other thing. He goes to a day care three mornings a week. When he comes home he has his lunch and then goes down for a nap. So that's 3 days covered pretty  much :)

Two mornings a week he is taken to a local parkette by my husband, myself and his other granny. It's a great place with lots to do and he loves it. And, it does take three of us to watch him as he is a runner. He runs everywhere.

The other day we had five adults looking after him...me, my husband, his other granny and two great aunts. I find that very amusing.

Now the other granny and her sisters...the GA's....are locals. They have lived in the neighbourhood all their lives and everyone knows them and they know everybody in turn. Unlike me and the husband...we are newcomers. I had noticed people looking at us but because of Covid they haven't made any advances to find out who we are.

On this particular day, the GA's, granny and myself found some park benches in the shade and had a nice little natter about this and that while my husband played with the grandson on the swings.  It was a lovely day.

So, here we are sitting on the benches and I hear this little voice pipe up........"She's the granny that sews". I turn around and see a little girl standing with a couple of ladies. She was pointing at me.  I smiled and the ladies nodded.  I think they were a wee bit embarrassed.

I guess I'm not a stranger anymore..........I'm "The Granny That Sews".

Take care and keep safe :)


12 comments:

  1. Aw, that is cute how she referred to you. Although...it just confirms that they were talking about you, no? I hate that crap. If you are interested in me...come over and say "hi."

    Maybe with time they will come to be friendlier. People are weird these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. Ah well. What really bugs me these days is that no one will look you in the eyes. Like avoiding eye contact is a way of avoiding contamination.

      Delete
  2. That name will stay with you so you must continue to live up to it. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rep precedes me. I suspect that the little girl is a school mate of my GD :)

      Delete
  3. There are certainly a whole lot worse names to be known by! I would be pretty proud of that moniker if it was attached to me by one of my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to catch up on reading my friend's posts. I don't know where my time goes. I love this little girl's comment!! What a great moniker to have earned!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since then I have met her mum. They live two doors away from my son so she is a playmate of my GD. There are 5-6 little girls in the neighbourhood that play together. Apparently I'm the only grandmother who sews doll clothes.

      Delete
  5. That's the best way to be known! Gave me a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said it with such awe. I had a good laugh myself.

      Delete
  6. Aaaaah! That’s a nice name! How sweet! Made me smile too!
    Maybe you could go into business with the dolls clothes ..... sounds like a bit of envy there maybe!
    Apologies for being a stranger, trying to get back to gblogging - oops, if only I could type straight! Tee hee!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you visiting again:) I'm trying to get back to blogging again too but not much is happening around here at the moment :)

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/