Tuesday, August 11, 2020

A Bit More Sewing........

A few more little outfits.

I had to shorten some track pants for a family member and used the bits I cut off to make a drop waist dress with pockets.

 

Then I made a skirt from a small piece of baby wale corduroy that I had completely forgotten about. My GD found it in my scrap drawer. It was a remnant I paid 10 cents for and I have lots left to make something else. It's so soft and a very bright pink :) This skirt is a free pattern that you can find here.

Last of all from another scrap she found I made some shorts.

Now I have a request for more shoes and a skort.  It's a good thing I'm retired.

Take care and keep safe:)


6 comments:

  1. Someone's going to be the best dressed around.i love that you're getting lovely clothes out of scraps. My kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I can make something out of nothing so to speak. I'd rather use bits and pieces left over since doll clothes take so little fabric. Cheap to make and since they will be much handled by little hands as well no lose. I can always make more :)

      Delete
  2. I think you're having fun, even though the clothes are a bit fiddly to make. I think you might just have to get yourself your own doll - for modelling purposes of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy a Wellie Wisher doll for convenience in trying on the doll clothes I was making. My GD was only 6 when she got hers and there was no way grandma was getting hold of her doll for any length of time :)

      Delete
  3. Love the new clothes! How clever you are to use the leftovers to create something sweet for your Granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/