Friday, July 24, 2020

WIP.........

I've finished the four cross stitch leaves. I really like the ombre effect that is used in some of the leaf sections.  It's very pretty. In person it's very clear but I'm not sure my pictures show it as the light wasn't that great to take pictures. 


The brown one made me think of chocolate the whole time I was working on it.

And.......I'm having a lucky summer it seems. I just won a $10 US coupon from the Dollmakers Journey Facebook page. They have a contest every week and I finally won. Already spent it on a doll pattern:)

Take care and keep safe:)





8 comments:

  1. The maple leaves are pretty and the back stitch finishes them nicely. I think I can also see some gold thread. Well done on another win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) Yes some gold thread. Not sure if I really like that detail to be honest.

      I now know how hard it is and I appreciate the work you put into all of the wonderful pieces that you have done over the years.

      Delete
  2. You're on a winning roll. Maybe pick up a lottery ticket?? The cross stitch is so well done. That seems to have happened fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually very lucky with the scratch and win tickets but I haven't bought any in ages. Maybe I should.

      Thank you for the comment. I got into the zone and just did it. Done and dusted.

      Delete
  3. Wow - you must have been stitching both night and day! Nice to see this design stitched up. Looks amazing! And congrats on the win - can't wait to see what you purchased with your prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much :) I bought a doll pattern and when I got the PDF it wasn't the doll they advertised. Not even close and not what I wanted at all. So I asked them about that and they checked and agreed with me. In the end they let me used my coupon again for a second pattern. Very good customer service.

      Delete
  4. I love your beautiful cross stitch leaves, what lovely work and congrats on the win from Dollmakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) Not sure what to do with them at the moment.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/