Monday, July 20, 2020

Green Fairy Quilts...................

When I won a $25 USD gift certificate from Green Fairy Quilts, because of the PPPP linky, I wasn't really sure what to buy as I'm not a quilter. I also knew that the delivery fees for a parcel from the USA to Canada was at least 20-25 dollars so that basically wiped out the value of my prize. 

But luck was with me in that Green Fairy had a 50% sale on their Moda scrap bags. I thought that was something I could use and ordered one.

It arrived today. OMG. I really love what they sent me. It's all 3 inch salvages from a Moda collection by Fig Tree & Co called "Scarlet & Sage".  Thirty one strips about 32 inches long.



So pretty and I can definitely use some of the strips for a little project I'm working on.

Take care and keep safe:)

8 comments:

  1. I'm always so glad to win something I can actually use!! Glad you found the scrap bag and love what you got.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's was a nice surprise specially since I was asked today to make some more doll clothes for a certain small person:)

      Delete
  2. So now I need to know more about this project..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the pieces really match nicely to the cross stitch leaves I'm doing and I think I'll use them to make a wall hanging. I have a limited stash of fabric as I had to give away a lot. I'm really trying to be creative with what I have. Not easy sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty collection! I'd say you did really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes:) It really is very pretty. The subtitle/description on the selvage is "And all at once, summer collapsed into fall - Oscar Wilde".

      Delete
  4. That was a nice prize! Lovely fabrics!
    I really look forward to seeing what you make!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.....LOL I've never made a wall hanging before.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/