Thursday, March 7, 2019

TUSAL and a finish......

Well it's time for TUSAL. To learn more about TUSAL go here to Daffycat's blog. 

Here is my ORT jar.....
I finished my button wall hanging. I used practically every button in my odd button jar. Some of them are very old and some not so much. I filled in the spaces with French knots using up those extra longer ORTs. Waste not want not. I wasn't fussy about perfection in my knots so don't look too close.....:)

I used a really old 12 inch embroidery hoop. It's about 40 plus years old. I very rarely do anything requiring one this size so at least it's being used. I almost tossed it out so now I'm glad I didn't.

I faffed about with a bow etc at the top join but so far I haven't decided what to do.


Click on the picture to get a bigger view.

I wrapped the inner hoop with thin tape and then I sewed the background fabric to that while it was still taut in the hoop. Then I glued the loose fabric to the tape...see pic. After that I glued the outside hoop to the inner hoop. The fabric made a good bond for the glue. A bit of overkill maybe but I wanted to make sure it stayed in place. This sucker is not going to fall apart....LOL


Actually the back is interesting with all my zigs and zags. I put a thin layer of glue all over the back to make sure none of my finishing knots come apart. I might cover the back with something???? Not sure.


Button overload.....



Take care:)





10 comments:

  1. What a great button project!! Do you want to come over here and tackle my ten big jars of buttons? I sure you could make a few (!!) more of these....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colorful button collection and an interesting way to display them. Love the heart buttons that you added here and there. And thanks to you, I have now started two ORTS jars. I've been saving fabrics and threads for a few years....but not the sewing machine threads.....now I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much :) I have no idea why I started saving the machine thread but sometimes one of the longer threads has come in handy for a bit of hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous, colourful post! I think the buttons look so brilliant in their new home, what a great piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! It's very tactile art too. Anyone who sees it goes over and looks to see what it's made of and then they have to touch the buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun project. I have a lot of buttons but not that many colours. Is it heavy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) No it's quite light considering. I weighed it...10.20 OZ or 291 grams.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/