Friday, January 18, 2019

A Finish....

We've had problems with our telephone line since about January 8th. We only found out that we had no land line when my son phoned my husband's cell phone to tell us. So of course the internet was down most of the time. It came back maybe two times? I gave up bothering to check. We finally got service back on January 16th. No explanation was offered by Bell Canada as to what the issue was.

I will admit that I was going through serious withdrawal....LOL.  I did listen to some audio books to keep myself amused while I finally finished a doll I started ages ago.

Queen Beetrix.

<meta name="pinterest" content="nopin" />



Take care:



10 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!!

    I hate computers...and phones...and technology. It's great when it is working. Not so great when it isn't. We lost our hard drive last week and it has taken me a full week to somewhat recover--all those files...my mind...Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lin :)

      We are too dependent on tech stuff. I don't have a cell phone so I do need a land line. I lost my hard drive once. I did get back my files but what a hassle. I now back up my important stuff onto an external drive.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic doll. I play Russian Roulette most days with the internet. Never know from one day to the next how it is going to be. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you made it through 8 days without the internet, I'd be having withdrawals too! Were you able to connect with your cell phone? Being off line gave you a chance to finish your Queen. She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bethann.

    I don't have a cell phone. Before I retired I helped set up a banking call center where I worked for 6 years and I hate phones. When I retired the ringing of a phone made me cringe....LOL My husband has a cell phone and I let him get all the calls:) If anyone really needs me they phone our land line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful doll you have managed to finish during the Internet problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing access to technology meant you created something fun, so it's a good thing. Working on a doll with such bright and happy colours had to make you feel good in such cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I have her hanging on my sewing room wall. Every time I look at her I smile. Specially today...-20C this morning. Brrr.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/