Sunday, September 16, 2018

A Finish.....

This is a doll I have just finished for a mermaid challenge at the Dollstreet Dreamers club. The doll body is from a book by Patti Medaris Culea called "Creative Cloth Doll Beading". Her head is from another book by Patti called "Creative Cloth Doll Faces".

I had a hard time finding a good place to take pictures as it was a bit overcast. I probably could have gone outside but it was about 81F/27C at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Sweltering and no breeze. Opening the back door was like opening an oven. 

I haven't made a doll in awhile so the face was a challenge. I made a big oops with her mouth and covered it up with white gel pen. Then to hide that I gave her extra pink cheeks. In person it looks okay but in the pics it looks a bit extreme.
She has a very rubenesque figure so making a bra for her was a bit of a challenge. I'm quite pleased with what I came up with. Wired shell like shapes.

And here she is.......
I am so glad that she is finally finished.

Take care :)



14 comments:

  1. She is more than lovely. I think its pretty cool that you chose this color scheme and not the blue/green that most would choose. I love the drape of her fins too. She is perfection.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I don't know why I chose these colours to be honest. The ocean is full of so many bright colours so it seemed like a good idea:) Her fins are my favourite part actually.

      Delete
  2. You have made a great job of your lovely mermaid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! The DETAILS! She is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's absolutely wonderful!!! So many different aspects to enjoy - I especially like her eyes and her amazing bra...never would have thought to put wire in it. You should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Mary Ann, so much detail to enjoy and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Mary Ann. I know what you mean about the pictures. It's hard to get the right look without it jumping off the screen. I spend so much time trying to get mine right, not sure how well I do... ;o~ I love how well everything is finished, she's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! What lovely detailed work. The colours are beautiful and the little details are super!

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/