Monday, August 13, 2018

WIP ...........

The doll club that I belong to is having a mermaid challenge. I decided to use a pattern from "Creative Cloth Doll Beading" by Patti Medaris Culea. The doll is called Franalizia of the North...you can see a pic here.

Obviously there will be beading involved. Nothing too complex. I've chosen a piece of batik that I bought at a quilt show some years ago. It's got shades of pink, orange, peach, purple and even a gray blue. I'm not a fan of pink but the other colours sort of make it okay. I do have a lot of beads I'd like to use up so this is a great project to do that:)

I have all the mermaid tail pieces sewn. There are a lot of fins as you can see. Now to touch up a bit with my iron, do some top stitching for wiring in the fins and start beading.

This should keep me busy for awhile....LOL 

Take care:)

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh...I am excited to see it as it progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun project. I like the fabric you are using too.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really lovely. So many colours. I wish I could remember the maker because I have another fat quarter piece I bought at the same time. Mainly blue with tiny pops of colour...so pretty. I'd like to buy more from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect fabric choice for a mermaid! I'm happy the deadline to finish is Sept 15th because I can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/