I made the cover using plastic craft mesh that you can buy in craft stores. I bought about 10 of them eons ago when my favourite craft store (White Rose) was closing. Ten plastic mesh for a dollar. I finally found a use for two of them...LOL
I then covered the mesh with a thin padding on one side...almost like a very heavy Pellon interfacing....and regular quilt batting on the other. I had this gorgeous fat quarter with a Lily of the Valley pattern to use for the front book cover and a plain fat quarter in a matching green for the back. I believe it's a Robert Kaufman fabric.
The pages are fabric too. I had bought some packs of Pellon stabilizer....4 packs for $3 at Fabricland. It's supposed to be used for appliqueing, embroidery and monograms but what the heck. I used it as a stabilizer for my book pages. I covered the pages with some broadcloth that I inherited from my mum's stash. I was glad I finally found a use for it:) The pages are just a plain pale green and a very pretty pale blue that I can embellish on both sides. It sounds strange but they do match the book cover.
So now I have this nice soft squishy book...very tactile.....
|Everything that I used came from my stash...bonus:)|
|Vintage lace and trim....and vintage buttons too.|
|A pretty dancing fairy pin..|