Thursday, March 17, 2011

The New York Botanical Garden.......

I was sorting through some old clippings that I had saved from back issues of Miniature Collector Magazine. One was for October 2000 and was about the New York Botanical Gardens.

It was about a group of miniature buildings that the Gardens own. A spectacular display is set up during the Holidays until the beginning of January. The miniature buildings, which are all models of historic New York buildings, town homes, cottages and castles, are set up in the conservatory among a track system with scale models of trains and trolleys.

So your saying......big deal.

It is....it is.....because the neat part is that the buildings are mostly made with natural stuff .....seed pods, acorns, branches, moss, bark, cinnamon sticks and so on.....fitting building materials for a Botanical Garden don't you think?

I thought you might like to see some pictures of the buildings courtesy of NYBG.org:

And, I found a mini  video of them setting it up for 2010.........I hope you enjoy.

(if the video stops press the arrow on the left again)


Take care.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so inspired - beautiful, and what incredible artistry has gone into creating these buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't these be fun to build for the Frumpy Grump Dolls to live in!
    I love them. thank you thank you for sharing them!
    You.... my dear..... are my hero of the day!

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/