Friday, February 4, 2011

Aaahhh....Friday:)

I want to thank all of the people who have managed to find my blog and have had a look and have sent me lovely emails. It's very exciting to hear from you all and please do leave comments as well.

One World One Heart....

http://awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com/a_whimsical_bohemian/one-world-one-heart-1.html

....is in it's last year which is a pity. I have only been blogging a little over a month and because of OWOH I have visited many blogs in a short space of time.

The variety is amazing. Obviously I tend towards those blogs that relate to my particular interests but, I have also found blogs that are personal discourses on life. Some of those are not participants of OWOH but are on the blog lists of others and as I'm nosy I have taken a look to see what other bloggers are interested in. Many of these other sites I have added to my blog list and look forward to reading them in the future.


Well, I didn't get all the sewing done that I had hoped to do this week and I'm blaming  OWOH but, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. The bonus is that I might even win a giveaway which would be wonderful as I never win anything. I gave up buying lottery tickets years ago.

Looking at other blogs does give you inspiration which is a good thing:) Sometimes I see something and remember an idea I had and off I go to look in my ideas book or my binders where I keep interesting stuff....mostly pictures that inspired an idea.

I've also been looking through my stash today and I have so much stuff that I will never use for dolls and crafts and I have no idea what to do with it all :(   Most of it is for clothes...suiting, broadcloth, polyester...stuff I would have used to make clothes for work...I need clothes now LOL but I don't need work clothes. I should explain I used to be a banker and now I'm retired.  Plus, I have yards of material my mum used to make baby quilts...all in polyester cotton in plain colours. I looked at one piece today that is the most beautiful sky blue.......3 yards, 60 inches wide! That is one heck of a lot  of material.

Well...I'm off to have a cup of tea and to mess around with my stuff.

Take care and have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I for one am glad you found me and introduced me to your new blog. I can't wait to see where you go with it....

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/