Sunday, September 25, 2022

Crazy Quilt Journal Project.....Blocks 8, 9 and 10

I have no idea what I was thinking when I put these fabrics together. They do sorta match but it was very hard finding thread colours, trims and beads etc for the seams that looked okay.  I'm surprised I had what I had in my stash of stuff. I have a lot of beads and I sat there and wondered to myself where the heck some of them came from?? Like those large greyish purplish seed beads I used on the top left hand seam. I can't imagine actually going out and buying them. Oh well :) Anyway it's done !!!

Bees. That was my thought after I put this block together. I finally found a place for some of my black beads.  I really like how it turned out in the end. 

 

Note to self. Never make a heart block with an open space in the middle. An open space that needs to be filled. Plus no matter how I tried it puckered with the tension of the other seams. Rats. I was going to put a tree in the middle and did actually started to do one. I changed my mind as it puckered more so I found the butterfly :) 


It's pouring buckets at the moment. Perfect day to listen to an audio book and do some needlework.

Take care :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the references to honeycomb in the bee one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The yellow and black fabric down the centre made me think of bees even though the print itself has ants on it. Why would anyone put ants on such pretty fabric?

      Delete
  2. It's fun to see the stitches you've added to each one. I think my favourite is the first one but that could be because purple is a favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Ann, long time since we touched base. Loving your hearts, the second one is my favourite. Maybe because fall is upon us.. ;o)) I hope you are keeping well. Would love to hear from you as you have time... Romona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romona I sent an email to your comment. Hope you got it. I also sent an email to an old email address I had.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/