Tuesday, May 15, 2018

It's the May new moon and so it's TUSAL time


So what is TUSAL......you can find out more about it at Daffycat's blog here

Here is my ORTS jar. Not much embroidery or cross stitching stitching done as I was busy doing something else. My friend Eeyore looks a bit worried but then he always does:)

The stitcher’s definition of “ORT” is an acronym meaning “Old Raggedy Threads.”

TUSAL is scheduled based on the the new moon. In May the new moon is known as the Flower Moon. Other names include the Corn Planting Moon and the Milk Moon.

In our household the month of May is when we transplant seedlings into the garden. Normally we do this on or around the 21st of May. There have been years when frost has happened but usually by this time of year we hope for better weather. Actually they aren't exactly seedlings. They are usually well established plants as our growing season is relatively short. If the tomatoes aren't getting red by the end of August then they probably won't ever be red :(

I mentioned above that I was doing something else. I was finishing a doll that I started last May 2017. You read correctly...2017. Even worse. The last doll I made before that was in September 2015!!!

She is from an online class I took with Angela Jarecki called "Song of Hope". I had a lot of problems making her but now she is finally finished.




Happy Ides of May. Take care :)

5 comments:

  1. Your new doll (no matter when she was started!) is wonderful. I love the expression on her face. I also love the expression on Eeyore's face (but then again - I've always loved Eeyore!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize it had been so long since you worked on a doll Your doll is lovely Mary Ann. Sometimes it's difficult to finish a project if problems occur. Glad you finished her.

    I have yet to plant tomatoes. I keep thinking about it and that's as far as I get. Good luck with all your seedlings/plants this year; hope those tomatoes get red for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah! Eeyore looks sweet, even if he does look worried!
    Your doll is beautiful and must have been such fun to make!
    I forgot to post my ORTs must try to catch up!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mary Ann, your doll is so lovely - well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doll is beautiful! How tall is she? It absolutely doesn't matter when she was started, she's done now and happy that you've finished her - can tell by the gentle smile on her face.

    Love that Eeyore is guarding your orts and patiently waiting for you to drop more into the jar.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/