Thursday, April 3, 2014

WIP

Well my sampler block for the online crazy quilting class I'm taking with Kathy Shaw is starting to fill up. I've done almost all the steps except the ribbon embroidery.
I remember doing silk ribbon embroidery years ago when Brazilian embroidery was a big fad. Silk ribbon is not easy to handle. It takes a light hand, patience and practice but the results are very pretty.

I really love the work of Di van Niekerk. She does such lovely work and she makes it look so easy. Kathy posted a link to Di's YouTube video on doing the iris stitch and I thought I'd share too.


Also here is her video on spiderweb roses...they are often used in crazy quilting....


Di van Niekerk has other videos if you are interested....here. 

Til next time.....

Take care:)

Added:
A great source for embroidery stitching how to's is Mary Corbet's videos which you came find ...here.




11 comments:

  1. Your sampler is looking very pretty. Lots of stitches here that I am not familiar with so have Ben looking ith my interest. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On iPad so predictive text is driving me nuts.
    Should say of course
    So have been looking with interest.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your sampler block! You make me want to sew and trust me i don't sew.. LOL! :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the spring colors. You've done a remarkable job and should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to the embroidery on mine. Have been waiting for the silk ribbons to arrive so I can choose my floss colours. it's so hard to tell what the colours really will be when ordering online. I hope mine looks half as good as yours does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful block, so many textures! Wonderful work Mary Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The block takes a step beyond gorgeous. Your stitching is just so exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sampler is looking lovely - beautiful stitching and thanks for the video links. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sampler is looking great!! I wish I had taken the class too - I'm sure it would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so lovely. The stitching is exquisite

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/