Thursday, February 1, 2024

Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2024....January

I decided to use as my theme for 2024 some zodiac signs I have. They are for card making and scrap booking. I printed them on fabric using freezer paper. 

The first sign is Aries, the Ram. Colour red. Element fire.

Sounds good right? 

I have made three attempts to put the sign into a block. I tried the traditional square block and then a circle but somehow I didn't like the look. Then I thought I'd do a hexagon. I very carefully constructed it. All sewn by hand using the English Paper Piecing method. A lot of time and work. 

Then I decided to take a picture. Arggghhhh!!!!!

Can you see what's wrong? Look at the printing on the image. It is very slightly off centre. I cannot believe it. I know I lined it up and pinned it before I sewed it in place.  It's a good thing I noticed before I started stitching.  

Maybe the fates are telling me not to do this theme. 









4 comments:

  1. The fates are telling you epp can be fun and baffling. I had a central motif on a pillow wayyy too high. Didn't show until it was all stitched and on the sofa. So I'm pretending I meant it that way. Cat style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 'll fix it but this time I'll baste it in place instead of pinning it :)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure that's what's called a design element.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/