Sunday, March 26, 2023

Messing about......

I haven't posted in ages as I haven't been up to much.  I've spent the winter months hibernating doing genealogy mostly. 

I did do a bit of sewing. I posted way back when about redoing a block. Here is the before and after then.

I framed it to use as a page in a soft book. It really brought out the colours. 


I've taken a lot of little bits of embroidery work and turned them into pages as well. I figure I might as well do something with them rather than sticking them in a drawer. 

I'll post about them another day.

Take care 😀


12 comments:

  1. Please do. And I'm glad to see you back. A lot of people identify with the hibernation, especially this winter which seems to have been particularly dreary. Maybe spring will help, if it ever arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll on spring :) I'm really looking forward to it this year.

      Delete
  2. You are right, the strong colours in the frame, and also in the embroidery over the seams, give great structure and contrast to the hexagon. You have made yet another beautiful piece or art.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to see you back. Great idea to make a soft book, love the latest embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding the stitching in the centre just finishes it off perfectly. Good idea to create a book to keep little bits of stitching safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea to make into a book cover. The purple really does enhance the embroidery. I hardly blogged much either last year and did a lot of genealogy on my husbands side. Found a good few skeletons no one knew about or at least owned up about. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :) Yes the skeletons are the best part. Did resolve one and found a new cousin for my husband. Lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm grateful for the fresh perspective you brought to the table. Well done!

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/