Tuesday, June 15, 2021

CQJP 2021........

Continuing my theme of Steampunk/Recycled crazy quilting. My June block.

Metal hook fasteners that I no longer have eyes for came in handy. I don't remember why I had the need for such huge hooks. 

The centre piece is made up of toggle closures for bead jewellery such as necklaces and bracelets without the bars.

The shiny gold "rivets" are round head paper fasteners. I finally found a use for three long dark ugly plastic beads. The four silver rings are the tops of some broken plastic buttons.

I am a bit of a hoarder of bits and pieces but as a doll maker and a miniature doll house enthusiast they come in very handy sometimes. 

Take care😀



10 comments:

  1. This is so cool. It's funny as well as clever.
    Yes, it pays to be a bit of a magpie if you're a miniature maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's hard as well trying to come up with ideas that work.

      Delete
  2. Love your work but pleased you explained what all the bits and pieces are. I wouldn't have guessed some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly very clever with your use of those objects! It's great to see how you look at them "differently" and can turn them into a beautiful piece! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather a hoarder myself and have to own up to having all of these items. I love how you have used them here. Certainly food for thought. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Waste not, want not as my mum used to say.

      Delete
  5. I really like the theme you're exploring with these designs. I've had a fascination with steampunk but haven't acted on it - and I know my stash would happily yield lots of fodder for same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have two more in the set to work on. It's a fun challenge to think up seam treatments. It's also a different theme for CQ that I don't think too many people have tried.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/