Saturday, January 16, 2021

Crazy Quilting.........

I was given a gift card at Christmas for Indigo-Chapters which was burning a hole in my pocket...as the saying goes. Unfortunately the stores are closed here as we are in lock down again so I looked at their online store.

I bought Kathy Shaw's book "Stunning Stitches for Crazy Quilts". Perfect as I had bought her templates a few years ago and this book shows you how to create seams using templates. Here are the templates I mean.

I love CQ but I haven't really done a lot. I took Kathy Shaw's free beginners class in 2015 and messed about a bit but then my efforts fizzled out.

So I decided to join in the 2021 Crazy Quilt Journal challenge. You are permitted to work on small projects instead of one large project. That seemed doable. I made up three groups of four blocks. Four fans, four hexagons and four with "silkies". So a variety to work on. The challenge began right away with trying to find fabric in my very limited stash. I managed though the colours I used for the fans are a bit unconventional for CQ...to me anyway... and in a different circumstance (sans Covid) I would never have used them.

The bits of embroidery in the centre of each fan are from an older project that I recycled. They are Buttonhole Stitch Leaves. You can find the tutorial here. The templates I used for my hexagons came from the 2020 Crazy Quilt challenge on Pintangle.

Take care and keep safe:)

7 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have a new project to start this time of year, isn't it? I am starting to quilt yet another quilt that has sat there for years. Hooray! I LOVE a hand project while I am sitting down at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hand sewing. One little stitch at a time.

      Delete
  2. I love the beginning of your new crazy quilt project. Three different ones will certainly keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I like these! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them as you progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Now I'm nervous...LOL

      Delete
    2. Oh goodness, don't be nervous just because I'm watching!!

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/