I wanted to dress her all in black but of course I really didn't have enough of the right weight of fabric All I had was much too heavy for a doll. I made a resolution not to buy any fabric this year as I have lots. So I really looked hard at my stash and I did manage to find a couple of small bits. For her blouse I ended up using a piece of silk skirt lining that I had. Her skirt is a small bit of fine man made linen.
I made her bodice by using a strip of my lining fabric, hemming the edge and then gathering it. Worked great and showed her cleavage which to me is an intrinsic part of this boudoir doll.
I used the sleeve pattern from the book and one of the two skirt patterns offered. It was supposed to be four panels but I only had enough fabric to make it two. Oh well. Typical.
Next she needed a big hat. I used the pattern in the book and embellished it with lace and ribbon. I also added a wee bit of black marabou. Voila!
I was going to call her the Winsome Widow of Whiskey Wells. But I think she would rather be called Rose Marie. She has a whole background story in my imagination. She definitely is "The Widow" with a mysterious past looking for a new husband no doubt.
Take care :)