Wednesday, November 7, 2018

TUSAL 2018...and the Full Moon for November

Well it's time for TUSAL. To learn more about TUSAL go here to Daffycat's blog. 

My ORT jar and my sewing buddy Deva....

The Full Moon in November is named after beavers who build their winter dams at this time of year. It is also called Frost Moon and Mourning Moon, depending on the winter solstice.

Not much to share these days. I'm psyching myself up to reupholster a rocking chair. See that blue fabric in the background of the pic. Total bargain at Fabricland. It's a sky blue velvet upholstery that was $20 dollars a metre marked down to $7.

I'm also working on a new doll. It's for a doll club challenge. The theme is "Make a Queen" which is pretty open ended. I still haven't decided which queen I will do.

Take care :)

7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your ORT posts, not only from the standpoint of seeing your progress but also to discover what the current full moon is called. I know I could look them up but I'm enjoying the slow reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've seen some of those Queens on FB and wonder what you will decide on. I admit I do love queens.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll do Marie Antoinette. It all depends on what I can find in my stash :)

      Delete
  3. Exciting about making a new Queen doll, a real challenge and we shall enjoy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deva looks quite comfy in your sewing room. It's always nice to find good fabric at bargain prices, especially velvet upholstery. I'm sure you'll do well with that rocking chair.
    I'm looking forward to seeing that challenge doll your making. You always do a well.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/