Sunday, July 1, 2018

WIP.......and Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians.....



Source


I've been re-reading the whole "Realm of the Elderlings" series of books by Robin Hobb.
I just finished her "Rain Wild Chronicle" books....The Dragon Keeper, Dragon Haven, City of Dragons and Blood of Dragons.

I've also just finished watching the seventh season of Game of Thrones on blue ray. OMG eeeeek!!! The ending!!!!

So of course now I really want to make a dragon

I'm using a pattern by Melinda Small Patterson.

I've noticed that some doll makers add arms in addition to the wings but I'm leaning towards making it as Melinda designed it. Her dragon is more like Smaug from the Hobbits or the dragons from Game of Thrones. At this point I haven't decided if I want to make it with the mouth opened or closed.

I found some batik fabric at my local quilt shop with a print that looks very dragonish. I think so anyway.
When finished this dragon will be about 28 inches long and a foot high. Sorry I still don't use metric in sewing. Old habits etc.

My online doll club asked that we post pictures on their site of our sewing rooms. I thought you'd like to see where I sew too. I have got rid of a ton of stuff over the last few years as we are planning to sell this house and move closer to my son....and most importantly....my granddaughter :)

I have a small front bedroom with a window that looks out on the street. It's nice to watch people passing when I sew.

My laptop, TV and some upright storage drawers on wheels.

My bookshelf full of books on doll making, embroidery, doll house, crazy quilting and so on. My cutting table with two mini storage boxes that hold my scissors and other necessary tools. My sewing machines and one more upright storage unit. 
Two big shelves built into an alcove to hold my fabric, stuffing and WIPs. Underneath those big bins hold larger bits of fabric and fake fur etc.
That bin on the bottom left usually has a cat sleeping on it.

I try to keep my room as tidy as possible because I'm not very creative if I have a mess around me.

Hoped you enjoyed my mini tour. Take care :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you too. Looks like you're going to have a fun day. In this heat, it's best to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the peek inside your creative space - fun to see how/where others work. Oooh - and making a dragon!! How fun! My Ellyron keeps watch over me as I sew and I wouldn't be without her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to chide you about cleaning the room before you took pictures, but you nixed that when you said you try to keep it tidy. I just need to get rid of more stuff. At least I added a small table to clutter so I can keep my sewing table clean. Guess that's a start.
    Xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/