Saturday, July 14, 2018

Making a nest.......

.........or attempting to anyway....LOL

So this is what I'm trying to do....
Find the directions to make this here .....link.

I was super lucky in that I had most of the suggested embroidery colours.....642, 840, 3781, 3782... with the exception of 611. I substituted  611 with 640...and then I added some green....370. I added the green because against the fabric I was using the above combination looked a bit too beige.

I followed the instructions but I wasn't all that happy with my results...sorry I forgot to take a picture. I didn't like the satin stitch in the middle. I thought my attempt looked messy.

So I decided to omit the satin stitch and started building the nest from the center outwards rather than just around the edge.

I merrily went allong and made my center bit and then built up the sides. It was too small.....RATS!!!!!!!

 Second attempt.......
Getting there but I'm still not all that in love with it. Too perfect. I thought about adding a bit of fluffy knitting wool fibre. It looks more like a nest in a way. 
Maybe if I tidy up some of those loose bits....hmmm.

I will  return. Take care:)


6 comments:

  1. oooh - I think you're on the right track with the last one! I love those 'loose bits'which look so realistic. I wonder if....instead of a satin stitch middle, would a piece of brown felt work? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a bit of felt would work too. Next time.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the last one looks great, with a bit of clipping on the loose ends. I like yours much better than the once you are trying to re-create.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to go with my idea and it looks more like a nest. I'll post some pics when it's finished.

      Delete
  3. I like the loose ends. That is such a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it better too...see my next post:)

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/