Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Morris Hexathon......Blocks 9 and 10

I was behind as I started late but now I have only six more blocks to finish and I will be caught up with the Morris Hexathon. 

It has been an interesting experience. 

As I make each one I'm gaining more insight as to the best technique to get my points to match up. I notice that some quilters put together units and then stitch them together. I found I wasn't as happy with the result. I'm more successful when I add each paper piece unit one at a time. Definitely it's a skill that only comes from lots and lots of practice.

Block 9:  Red Lion


Block 10: Thames Path

Wait til you see block # 12.....some really itty bitty pieces....eeeek!

Today I'm joining up with The Needle & Thread Network. I haven't joined them in a long while but then I've been pretty quiet in the sewing department in the last 12 months.




Come on over and see what my fellow Canadians are up to this week:)

Take care. 

4 comments:

  1. Block 9 looks amazing! Great job on that ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking your blocks a lot - good luck with #12! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your points are matching nicely! I quite like your colour combinations. I'm anxious to read and see more!


    Thank you for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The practice is paying off. These are incredible.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/