It was a really nice day and I thought I'd sit outside for a bit on the back porch. My son came out to check out the weather too.
Beside the chair I was sitting on is a big plastic storage box that we keep stuff it. Ususally garden books and magazines that my husband reads occasionally....fly swatters...garden candles....ya know...stuff.
My son and I were chatting away and just for the heck of it I decided to look in the storage box. I have no idea why I did but.....EEEEEK.
Staring at me was this big fat male raccoon!!!! It hissed at me and I dropped the lid.
My son looked at me and burst out laughing. I guess my face must have been picture.
From the SMELL...YUK...this raccoon had obviously been stuck in the box a couple of days. It probably was able to lift the lid and get in but it couldn't get out.
I'm sorry I didn't take pictures of the racoon but it seemed a bit annoyed at me for disturbing it.
Needless to say the men of the house had to eject said raccoon from the box. All the contents had to be thrown out because either they had been chewed or pooped on......sigh.
I think it was a good thing I discovered it when I did. Can you imagine the pong if it had died in there? Geez.
Of course my family thought it was hilarious as these types of things happen to me. It's like I have a sign around my neck.
We are finally in spring mode here. The construction across the street has started in earnest as the weather has settled down at bit. Yesterday they poured the cement for the basement floor. Quite entertaining :)