Friday, September 12, 2014

Intermediate Crazy Quilting - Task #8 - Dimensional or Raised Applique

This was really a fun task. We had a choice of three appliques to do. I decided to do the white bunny.

I made it with some white craft felt that I bought at Michael's. Originally I had just put it on the block with some bits of grass embroidery but it didn't look right. It looked lost and lonely.

I had some pale green fuzzy fibre that I had also bought at Michael's in their scrapbook section.

I couched it down and when I placed the bunny there it looked much better. After appliqueing him/her down I added some greenery and a wee bit of colour.


Much better.....

The next task is more silk ribbon embroidery that is so pretty. I just have to decide what block to put it on. Stay tuned.

Take care:)

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your bunny is adorable. Hugs Mrs A.

Soggibottom said...

Really love this raised work, might have to gate crash your class :-) x x x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think your bunny is definitely a 'she' - I mean, just look at her sweet little nose!!

Lin said...

Gorgeous rabbit and he seems so at home there. xx

Lin said...

Very nice!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I LOVE that bunny. The next intermediate class has been postponed until after New Years. I can't wait to see more of what you are working on.
xx, Carol

liniecat said...

Such a cute bunny!

Jo Ferguson said...

What a wonderfully stitched bunny. I absolutely adore it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...