I did finally get around to doing the next task in the CQ class I'm taking. More silk ribbon embroidery but this time sunflowers and violets.
Here is what I produced.......sunflowers to the bottom left. I quite like them myself. I did the middles in French knots and they are very soft to the touch.
The violets that Kathy teaches are very cute but I didn't have enough ribbon in the right size or colour. I did a few teeny tiny ones in the middle here and then filled in with some other flowers. I must give them another try once I get more ribbon.
I put them on my fan shaped block in a little empty space. It turned out to be quite a good idea as the lace edging looks like a little fence. Purely accidental on my part:)
Someone in my class asked what kind of laying tool I used when I did my sunflowers.
I have this thing. I don't know where I got it or what it actually is. At first I thought it might be from an old manicure kit but now I think I got it as a freebie with some DAS paper clay.
Don't know but it seems to work for me.