Monday, September 8, 2014

Intermediat Crazy Quilting - Task # 7 - Silk Ribbon Embroideried Frame and Cluster.

Oh how I dreaded this part. I can't go to the next task until I do this one. I procrastinated as much as I could...but.

I find silk ribbon so hard to use. It hates me!!

Here is my block before......





Here is my "silkie" framed with silk ribbon embroidery. The colours in this block seem to be tending towards green, rose and pick so I think I will continue with that in my seam treatments as well.


Here is my grape block before.....


...and, my silk ribbon cluster in the corner of the fan.


Take care.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Your SRE is lovely. What is the problem with you and silk ribbon?

Sheryl S. said...

Fan looking good. Pretty flowers

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

VERY pretty. Your flowers are fabulous. I am drooling over your blocks.
xx, Carol

Lin said...

Well, it turned out lovely for someone who doesn't like to work with silk ribbon! :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well, if silk ribbon hates you, it certainly doesn't look like it!!

Lin said...

Your silk ribbon work is beautiful - well done. I don't think you should be worrying about it anymore. xx

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Oh how I love the ribbon embroidery, it's gorgeous!

Jo Ferguson said...

I've never tried silk ribbon work but I love the look of it. You might have been dreading it but your work is exquisite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...