I fussy cut some flowers off some lace I had and then dyed them various colours just too see how they would turn out. They're still wet here and will dry a paler colour....hopefully :)
I used strong colours when I did the embroidery on my block so I think my embellishments need to have some depth as well. I can't wimp out and do pastels.
I cut the lace bits some more and made a motif....of sorts :)
I took the metal butterfly and painted it black as an experiment. I then covered the back with some orange/ yellow fabric. It turned out quite good.
|Hmm...I can see a few small spots I missed...need to touch it up a bit...|
I've pinned it in place for the moment and I'll look at it for a couple of days to see what I think.
I think I need some bees in this garden......:)