Thursday, June 16, 2011

Origami City......

I want to share something my son sent me regarding a young Tokyo artist by the name of Waturo Itou who over a period of four years created a wonderful Origami city......

As you can see it is quite a large installation. When it was completed it was put on display at an exhibition on the artificial island of Umihotaru, near Tokyo. The exhibition is called Umi no Ue no Oshiro (A Castle On the Ocean).


After the display is over it is/was the artist's intention to burn the paper city and video graph it happening. Why? So he would be able to play the video backwards and see his city rising from the flames. The article about the artist was from Squidoo.com and was dated 2009. I wasn't able to find out if he actually did burn it......I hope not.

I googled and found the site where the original pictures used in the article came from....some really awesome pictures of the paper city on display...........Tokyobling's Blog

Take care:)

3 comments:


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/