Friday, May 20, 2011

Printing on fabric.....

Recently I received an advertisement email from Joggles.com and in it it had a blurb about using Scratch-Foam as a way of printing on fabric. Now I had been looking into methods of printing images on fabric but this wasn't what I was looking to do.

However, I saw another blurb about it today and I wondered if anyone out there might be interested. I guess it's the new thing to do:)

This is the Joggles tutorial video and blurb here....."Making A Print Plate With Scratch-Foam"

"Scratch-Foam" is a product and I'm not endorsing the use of it because I think you could re-use those foam meat trays that you get from the supermarket to do the same thing. Don't you think???

Here is another little blurb from The Hive.........."Easy Printing On Fabric".

I love the fact that she has paint all over her fingers because that's what happens to me. I usually get covered in paint:)

I think this would be an excellent rainy day craft project for kids (with regular acrylic paint instead of fabric paint).......save those foam trays ladies:)

Take care.

4 comments:

Between the Almond Trees said...

Hmm... That is pretty interesting...
Thanks for sharing the link. I might have to try that some day.

bad penny said...

oh thank you I'm going to come back & give this a good look !

BumbleVee said...

just thinking of colour on fabric leads me to ask...have you tried flower pounding Mary Ann? just need a hammer .... and some flowers... lol....

I did some on a lovely piece of satiny crepe one year....beautiful flowers appear as if by magic ... ...
I don't know what this foam scratching is..but, I'm off to look..

Cre8tiv Glory said...

Hi Mary Ann,

Thanks for sharing these links. Manipulating fabric is something I'm really interested in right now. I can't wait to try this. Thanks also for your comments. I want to do some outdoor craft fairs this summer too.

Gloria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...