Friday, April 8, 2011

Little Suzettes and their Bleuettes.........

I don't know if this would be of any interest to anyone but I have found a website for Bleuette clothes patterns. Most of the patterns are in French but if you are a fairly experienced sewer you should be able to adapt the patterns without much difficulty........and then there is always Google translator:)

Let me explain:)

Bleuette was a doll (about 10 - 12 inches approx) that was made between 1905 and 1957 by the Society of French Doll and Toy Makers. She was developed and sold by the publisher of a girl's magazine called La Semaine de Suzette.  

Bleuette was one of the best dressed dolls ever:) She had a huge wardrobe. More than 1,060 patterns were published over the 55 years Bleuette was available.

Here is an example of a pattern.......here.   I made that coat for a little teddy bear. It was very cute.

The site is called........The Blue Door.

These clothes patterns can be used and adapted for any size vintage doll that you may be making.

When viewing the patterns I found it preferable to sort by style.

Hope this is helpful to someone out there:)

Take care.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing selection of patterns there. Thanks for this link - I don't often make dolls' clothes but when I next do I shall look there for inspiration!
    x

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/