Saturday, February 19, 2011

100 Happy Days Challenge........day 13

It was such a lovely day yesterday. The sun was shining and the snow was melting and then last night we had howling winds. I thought we might lose our roof and then I find out this morning that a local shopping centre did lose it's roof.

Now it's snowing again........big fat fluffy flakes. And, a big fat fluffy squirrel is attacking the bird feeder. That squirrel looks very well fed........on our bird seed. My husband put up a baffle thingy to stop them from climbing up but there's always one that figures it out. Usually the little red squirrels..... and the chipmunks. I love chipmunks.

Chipmunks are smart rascals......but they are too cute so we never chase them away.  We even put out piles of Niger seed to lure them closer. They will come right up to you. Very cheeky:)

Our Chippy

This is Chippy......I call them all Chippy as I never know if it's the same chipmunk every year.

Soooo cute:)........except when he steals our strawberries. We didn't grow any last year but I think we will this year if we can think of a way to make them chipmunk proof. As I said they are very smart and look at those little paws........hmmmm.

Well.......it won't be long until I can sit outside on the deck in the sun and have a chat with Chippy about not eating the strawberries.

Take care:)

3 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Canadian!

    This little chipmunk is adorable! I think I would plant a little strawberry patch just for him.... errrr.... her... whichever! :)

    Sweet blog ~ I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is very cute and I wouldn't really mind if he stole my strawberries. Every so often, we spot one in our yard. Why only one, I don't know, but it is only one. I think the kitties might scare him off. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shot!! Really something to be happy about seeing!!

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/