Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Cross Stitch Christmas.....

I've been doing some Christmas cross stitch. Both these patterns are designs by Pamela Kellogg of Kittyandme on Etsy. I love her work.

This one is Crazy Trees ....

.... and this one is Crazy Holly Leaves.


They are for perforated paper but I opted to use Aida cloth. On paper they would make ornaments but also very unique Christmas cards. 

I didn't have all the colours she listed in her directions for a couple of the designs and since I have a lot of embroidery thread I substituted colours.  There is a site I use called Thread Bare that has a tool for matching to the closest DMC colour. 

I reinforced the cut edges by painting them... on the back edge...with Liquitex clear gesso as I just happened to have some and it worked great. They will not fray ever. To finish I added a ribbon then used white felt on the back to hide all the stitching. 

Take care and keep safe 😀

4 comments:

  1. Those are lovely. I've done a little bit with perf paper, so different from fabric. But aida cloth rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I thought that Aida cloth might survive handling and storage better than paper.

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/