Wednesday, July 7, 2021

CQJP 2021......

Here is my block for July. Once again I'm using odd stuff to decorate my block. 

Today wasn't a great day to take a pic. We are having a wet cool summer so far. As I sit here thunder is rolling in the background. I used dark turquoise metallic beads but that doesn't show up. 

The pictures down below shows what the centre "flower" originally was in it's past life. It was some type of closure. For what? Not a clue.

In the early 1980's a coworker and good friend was retiring and down sizing. She gave me her button box and a ton a fabric ends and bits and pieces.  Over the years they have all been used for various projects. 

This thing still remains. It's a bit beat up so it was on something used for awhile. The coil piece is broken where it was originally soldered.

The knobby bit is sewn to a surface and then inserted into the ring I think. Makes sense to me. I'd ask my friend but she passed away in 1992.

Any ideas as to what it's for?

Take care 😀




8 comments:

  1. My first thought was something to sew on each side of a jacket or cardigan to keep it closed. Now I'm not so sure and have no second thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That closure item is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone I asked thought it might be for a fox fur neck stole thingy but I couldn't see that working.

      Delete
  3. When I was fourteen, a Dutch boyfriend gave me a silver ring. It is called a Zeeuwse Knoop ring, and is a distinctive craft from the Zeeland region. Your 'thingy' immediately made me think of that and I wouldn't be surprised if they are related. I would also guess that it was a fastener of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Googled. I saw some very pretty jewellery. I guess it will remain a mystery item.

      Delete
  4. Sorry I can't help with what the 'thingie' is - must have served some good purpose. I'm enjoying seeing your blocks and spending some time analyzing them to see what little bits of things you've used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) One more block to go. I'm running out of stuff and ideas.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/