Sunday, January 3, 2021

A New Year.......

I've been in creative slump lately and I'm trying to drag myself out by doing something...anything...other than genealogy. 

This is as simple as it gets...scissors, needle, thread, beads, felt. 

An eyeglass case.  

I used a pattern I found here at Wee Folk Art. I changed the shape a bit by curving the straight corner as I thought it looked nicer. I've used this pattern before. The top one is polyester felt and the bottom wool felt. The new one is still a bit twisty and stiff but with use it will straighten out.

Take care and keep safe :)

I'm linking to:

Kathy's Quilts 

Creations by Nina Marie

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so pretty! That's a fun project. I have a quilt basted and ready for quilting, so I look forward to my January nights doing some handwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I loved hand sewing. It's very restful to me anyway.

      Delete
  2. Your new eyeglass case is so pretty with its sweet flowers, stems and dainty leaves. Love the pretty felt one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the best thing for a creative slump is to just do - doesn't matter what it is. It seems the act of the doing usually sparks something else. And a small project like an eyeglass case is perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's the actual starting of the project that gives you the impetus to finish it.

      Delete
  4. Pretty eyeglass cases, very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, and the perfect project to get you going again! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely. I love handstitching and sewing, and this project is both. Just right to get back in to making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love hand stitching. I'm starting a new little project with lots of it too keep me busy.

      Delete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/