Saturday, March 17, 2018

TUSAL for March!.......

It's that time again. My TUSAL jar. I've decided to start a new one for 2018 as the old one was a bit full.


What is TUSAL?

You can read all about it at Daffycat's blog....here.

TUSAL is scheduled based on the new moons. I was curious so I went on line to inquire about new moons and discovered that....."The Full Moon in March is the Worm Moon. It is also called Lenten Moon, Crow Moon, Crust Moon, Chaste Moon, Sugar Moon, and Sap Moon. It's the last Full Moon before the vernal equinox." You can go here and read more about why it's named after worms:) Who knew?

So where do some of those TUSAL threads come from? Well.....

I have been very good at keeping up with my TAST stitches. The latest stitch we had to do was the couching stitch. I just realized that it looks sorta wormy right? LOL

I tried to use the stitch on my doodle embroidery project. I took some cord and some chenille fiber and used them for the center of a flower. A bit boring but it worked.
I like to use the couching stitch when I do crazy quilting as it's a simple way of attaching fibers, trims and laces. Here is a sample of a piece of chunky chenille fiber that I used when I took a CQ online class with Kathy Shaw.
In this case it was a bit fiddly following the curves of the letter but I can see all kinds of lovely uses for this type of stitching.

That's it from me for TUSAL until the next new moon.

Take care:) 


6 comments:

  1. Love your examples of the couching stitch, I need a bit more practice doing that one and Cretan stitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super lovely stitches! Great ORTs, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary Anne,
    My first visit here. I love your stitching examples, nice TUSAL jar and threads! I need to put the date on my jars too, great idea!
    Nice to meet you.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting information about the names for the March moon - worm moon, in particular. Yes, who knew! Your TAST sampler is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitches reference piece is a great idea - and looks lovely too! Looks like you're working your flower stitch sampler in concert with it? Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty stitch examples, love the colours

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/